Friday, December 26, 2008

Snowed In-Happily

Perhaps if I had to be somewhere today, it wouldn't be so great. Thankfully, I work from home and my daughter is on winter break.

"And since we've no place to go, let it snow, let it snow....."

Plenty of yarn, books, dvds, and tea...what could be better?


  • yarn--brown fleck, V-Neck knit sweater in an easy rib pattern for my girl
  • books--New Moon (#2 in the Twilight series) by Stephanie Meyer

Died in the Wool by Mary Kruger

Chicks with Sticks (Knit 2 Together) by Elizabeth Lenhard

(I rarely read just one book at a time!)

Snowflakes

The old fashioned way with real paper and scissors is best, but this does away with the need to vacuum afterward! Make-a-Flake

Snow Cream

Most days in the city I wouldn't try this, but with over a foot of new snow, one can be fairly certain that the snow is clean--

Dip a big bowl of fresh snow

add sugar, vanilla, and evaporated milk

stir it up and enjoy!

Sorry, no exact amounts-enough milk 'til it looks like ice cream, sugar 'til it's sweet enough, and about a capful of vanilla. Watch out for brain freeze!

No comments:

Post a Comment